Lots of sensory and developmental play opportunities which include:
- Sensory basket – including brushes, soft things, rubbery things (eg silicon cupcake cases) and cups. My girls love exploring a box or basket and discovering new textures and things to play with.
- Coloured scarfs – great for peepo. We keep them in an old, well washed fabric whitener tub and the children love pulling them out. B loves putting the scarfs over her head and peeking out 😀
- ‘Pull box’ with lots of different textured ropes and fabric strung through it.
- Soft toy animals – we love tea parties and picnics and these often come 🐮🐻🐶🐷🐸🐰
- Play foam. We used Peppa Pig Foam which is made of soap but I think there are lots of different brands out there. Great for messy play and mark making.
- Blocks for construction
- Dolly & clothes for role playing
- Road mat with cars and tractors
- Stencil rubbings for the older children (a proper blast from the past for me 😋)
- And mini trampoline!
Outside in the play area there’s lots of different bits, but a particularly big hit us the new mud kitchen🍴
Before songs and Freddie the Fairy storytime we had a lovely walk around the farm seeing the camels, peacocks, geese, chickens and pheasants.
I hope everyone else had as much fun as we did. Looking forward to seeing our other playgroup friends on Monday 😍
#mumlife #momlife #sensoryplay #developmentalplay #babyplay #playgroup